This year, 2017, I set myself a reading goal of finishing 25 books. I think I’ve completed about 35 books so far, and I’m pleased about that. Today I watched a vlog from a woman who completed the PopSugar Reading challenge for 2017. I’d never heard of that and was intrigued. So I looked over the categories for both 2017 and 2018, and picked 12 (and added a couple of my own categories) that I thought might not be TOO difficult to complete, yet stretch my normal reading boundaries a bit. Some things I refuse to compromise, however. I simply won’t read a book that is riddled with foul language, or anything in the horror genre. Just isn’t my thing – at all. I’m also not “into” sci-fi but did read The Hunger Games years ago and liked it, so who knows? So anyway, here is my list for next year:
- A True Crime book
- A book set in a place that I normally do not read about
- A bestseller from the year I was born
- A book by an author with different ethnicity than me
- A childhood classic I’ve never read
- A bestseller from the year I graduated high school
- A book that’s been on my TBR pile way too long
- A book about food (cookbooks don’t count!)
- A book with a month or day of the week in the title
- A book from a genre that I don’t normally read
- A book with more than 500 pages
- A book by a first time author
- A Classic novel I’ve never read
- Re-read one book I once loved, do I still love it?
This shouldn’t be too hard…. I mean, I’m retired and I love to read…. so lets see how it goes!!! I’ll be reporting back here often. Happy reading everyone!