Nine Random things about me. I saw this on another blog and set out to see if I could think up nine random things about yours truly. Well, nine random things that were blogworthy….or not…..
- I hate mustard. With a purple passion. My kids used to chase me around the house with a squeeze bottle of French’s. Man, I hate that stuff… and not just the yellow French’s. Grey Poupon, Inglehoffers, you name it, I hate it!
- I desperately wanted to be a “stay at home Mom” back in the day. It wasn’t in the cards for me, but I’m so happy my daughter in law can be a stay at home Mom for her twins.
- There was a time when I thought I wanted to hike at least part of the Pacific Crest Trail. Sorta sorry I never pursued it.
- I can walk right past cookies, chocolate, or cake… but a bag of Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos, Tostitos, or Lays…. I’m lost. Salt is my weakness.
- I just hate talking on the phone. Yeah, I’ll do it, but I don’t like it. Yes, a phone conversation is necessary sometimes, but email, letters, or a text is better. For me. I don’t know why I feel that way, after all, back in Jr High and High School, I’d crawl under the covers, put the blankets over my head and talk incessantly on the phone 🙂
- I always wanted to live waaaay out in the country. Again, that was not in the cards for me. I still think about it sometimes, but in all practicality, it ain’t gonna happen.
- I try to read my Bible every day. Well, nearly every day. I even have it on my phone as an app, so it’s always with me. As my mother and grandmother before me, I get great comfort from the scriptures – and inspiration, and direction.
- If I could, I’d have a house full of pets. I mean a couple of dogs, two or three more cats, who knows what else?! I just love animals. Too bad hubby is not of the same persuasion… plus, he’s allergic. Oh well. I do dream of owning a rescue Greyhound someday.
- I’m trying to grow out my hair. Once I believed old ladies shouldn’t have long hair. But you know what? I loved having long hair years ago. There are lots of fun things you can do with your hair when it’s long. So I’m growing it. Despite the fact that I’m O.L.D.
Well, there they are, nine random things about me. 🙂