Didn’t I say that coming home was just as much fun (if not more) than going??? 🙂 Well, we had a wonderful trip to New York City, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Boston, and Martha’s Vineyard… and I will share some pictures and tales about the trip … next time. I haven’t even downloaded the photos yet. This time, I just want to revel in the beauty of being home. Sometimes after you have been away for even a short period of time, you appreciate the little things about your life, your home.
Here’s a list of great things about being home:
- My own bed (the cruise ship bed felt like a marble tabletop, and the pillow- a rock)
- Charmin Ultra toilet paper!
- Not having to eat breakfast the moment I get up – being able to sit and savor a cup of coffee…. and later on, having a bite to eat.
- My sweet kitty is here! (I sure missed him and worried about him)
- My own cooking. Not to brag, but honestly, my home-cooked meals are without a doubt better than 90% of the food we got on the cruise. Plus, I know what’s in it!
- Lounging in the evening in sweats with my sweetie, watching our favorite shows on TV. (there were “events” going on every evening on the ship – events you could NOT wear comfy and casual clothes to)
- It’s quiet here, really quiet.
- I don’t have to wear the same pair of socks/pants/underwear (___ you fill in the blank) more than one day if I don’t want to 🙂
Shoot, I could go on, but I think you get the drift. One afternoon while hubby and I were strolling around NYC (which actually means dodging crazy honking taxi cabs and milling around with a million or so of our closest acquaintances in Manhattan) I looked up at him and said, “you know what sweetie…… There’s NO PLACE like home.”